The procedure of visa issue to foreign tourists is regulated by the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan. According to it, foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter the country or travel through its territory on transit only if their entrance visas are available.
Visas are issued to foreign citizens and stateless persons in the diplomatic and consular missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad on the basis of the Uzbekistan Visa Support Letter (permission from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan).
Visa Support Letter is issued on the basis of application submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan by the inviting natural or legal entity permanently or temporarily operating in Uzbekistan.
Processing of visa applications may take up to 10 working days if documents are submitted due order.
In order to apply for the visa, foreign citizens and stateless persons are to submit to the diplomatic or consular mission of Uzbekistan abroad the following documents:
A passport or a stateless person’s document, the expiry date of which must exceed the visa’s period of validity not less than 3 (three month).
- 2 (two) copies of the visa application form duly completed.
- 2 (two) passport-photographs (3х4 cm.).
For a transit visa foreign citizens and stateless persons in addition to the abovementioned documents must have visa of the country of final destination and travel documents certifying the date of departure from Uzbekistan. In that case, visa applications are processed within working 3 days.
In Tashkent International Airport Consular Bureau visas can only be issued to those foreign citizens and stateless persons arriving from the countries that do not have diplomatic or consular missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan. In that case the inviting person or organisation located in Uzbekistan must apply in advance to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan in due order and have to acquire a Visa Confirmation – the Stamp of Visa Division of the Consular Department and to forward it to the invited person. One needs to show the Confirmation while buying a air-ticket, passing through passport control and on its basis the visa is issued on arrival in the Tashkent International Airport Visa Unit of the Foreign Ministry of Uzbekistan.
Simplified Visa Regulations for the citizens of some countries
- There is a bilateral Visa Free Regulation with Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine, as well as Kyrgyzstan (up to 60 days).
- There is a simplified visa procedure for the citizens of Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Malaysia, Thailand, Spain Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Czech Republic. Businessmen of these countries are issued multiple entry visas up to one year and tourists – up to one month, additionally, they do not require to submit to the Foreign Ministry an invitation of legal entity or natural person in Uzbekistan or tour-voucher. Visas are issues within 2 working days, excluding the day the documents are submitted.
- There is Visa Free Regulation up to 90 days for the diplomatic passport possessors of Hungary, Romania, Slovakia and Turkey. The accredited personnel of the diplomatic missions and international organisations may stay on territory of the Sides without visa for the whole period of professional activity.
There is Visa Free Regulation up to 90 days for the service passport possessors.
- Uzbekistan and Japan on a mutual basis issue Consular Free Visas.
Rules and conditions
Based on the information you send us we will prepare the visa support application and submit it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tashkent. Ministry reviews the application for approximately 7-10 days, reserving the right to deny any application for visa support without providing explanations. Approved visa support is telexed directly to the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the country, where you intend to obtain your visa. Upon the approval of the visa support we will send you by fax or e-mail the reference number of the document. After submitting complete application form with the reference number of the visa support to the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Uzbekistan you will be able to obtain your visa to Uzbekistan.
According to the legislation of Uzbekistan the Uzbek travel companies have the right to offer the visa support (the invitation to Uzbekistan) not earlier then one month before the arrival.
PS: visa support for those clients who are not staying during whole trip in one of our hotels or not confirming the stay in other hotels as well as not purchasing the tour packages but only the visa, according to new legislation of government, couldn’t be issued.
up to 2 weeks costs $35 per person (children under 12 — $25)
up to 1 month — $60 per person (children under 12 — $40)
Additional consular fees are paid at the Embassy or Consulate of Uzbekistan at obtaining of visa, which may range from $ 40 up-to $150 this amount may vary depending on nationality and change without prior notification.