Uzbekistan inherited Tamerlane Imperium grandeur, homeland of outstanding researchers who promoted science progress on global scope.
All the Uzbekistan cities are fair for travel; almost each has unique attractions, features, and occasionally climatic conditions. Take the veritable ambience of antiquity and see the lasting history of these lands. Monuments are not a scanty island located among the metropolis skylines, often shaping a «city within a city». The sensation made on tourists — silence and tranquility, nothing will breach pleasure from the sway of dive in emir’s era.
Uzbekistan is a pacesetter among its Central Asian edge neighbors by the total of antiquity and preservation monuments. To make this an unmatched service, extensive variation of accommodations convenient to any budget, low prices, incredibly delectable cuisine and the affability of the vernacular people – the formula for an outstanding tour ready. At any pore of the year cities of Uzbekistan driven to you in magnificent form with silver decorations winter, floral abundance of spring, the joyous paints of summer and golden-scarlet robes of autumn.
Historical hearth of major Uzbekistan cities are enabled to the roster of UNESCO cultural heritage:
Landmarks of the Dark Ages and antique Rome coevals are exactly what attract backpackers to our land.
There are no such antiquity buildings in Tashkent – most of them were eliminated by temblors in 1866, 1868 and 1966. This metropole is the capital of country, combining ultramodern architecture with a genuine eastern flair of its snug streets. Multinational inhabitants and more than 2.5 millionth people are glorify for their kindliness. Toleration is not just floor – in the capital coexist religious buildings of different religions, Muslim mosques and synagogues, Orthodox, Catholic and Lutheran Chapels built by the renowned Benoit. Tashkent is very loved by travellers for its special atmosphere; possibly, there is no other town on globe which would be yearned so much.
Samarkand is the second tremendous city, but if we talk about fame — it can claim rights to be titled first. In the once-called «Marakanda» drained most of the voyagers from around the world – the pacesetter edge by the quantity of spectacular monuments. Here, at the last capital of Empires, you can sense ancient East spirit and enjoy turquoise-blue domes, visit worldwide famous Registan square. Poets and philosophers of all ages felled with love with it, found their afflatus here. They gave it the most sycophantic epithets — «Looking Glass of the World, » «Soul of the Creation», «Precious stone of Islam. »
Shakhrisabz is one of the elderly Uzbek cities; it was witness of wedlock of Alexander the Great with Rokschana, Sogdian merchant daughter. It also saw the childbirth of the greatest Middle Ages invader – Amir Timur, and was the second capital after Samarkand. Exactly here preferred to relax the successors of Timur’s Imperium, they built for this beautiful summer residence under the AK-Saray name.
They recite that Light comes from sky upon all cities and only from Bukhara its rises. This Uzbekistan city is historical, cultural and tourist center famous as Islam bastion, and many of the holy persons was buried here. Hoary side of Bukhara was based before Christ — it is ancient civilizations monument. Town attractions and its distinctive style recognizable in every spot of the planet are the Ark Fortress, Labi-Hauz ensemble and many others. Beautiful Bukhara is even the possessor of the early Muslim architecture masterpiece — the Ismail Samani tomb; the oldest religious place of Islam, its groundwork was put in the 9th century.
Architectonics of Khiva is inimitable and never could be confounded with any other city; it is Museum under the stars. Initial town story bonded with Shem, the scriptural Noah’s son. Legends connect it with spirits, who were Khiva patrons – considered that due to this the fortification was invulnerable to foes. In the gamut of centuries, town always was especial – the most hearth of the Khiva Khanate, and the Great Silk Way. Visiting famous Ichan-Kala you can wander all essential monuments of the first times. Decade of the best Asian architecture examples, like the incarnate of desert mirages can be discovered here – palaces and caravan sarays, ramparts and hammams, mosques and tombs, minarets and madrasas.
Old centuries lush green trees, sycamore, poplar and oak — it’s all about verdure-city Fergana. Modern town counts its history not so remote, in the 19th centenary with accession of Kokand Khanate to the Russian Imperial. But the terrain has a lasting history. The vale of Syrdarya River, encircled by the Tien-Shan mountainous network, its excellent climatic conditions attracted farmers and ranchers since the stone ages.
Kokand – its behalf as a reminder about Kokand Khanate greatness, which reached heyday in the 19th centenary. Dynasty founder laid the Eski-Kurgan fortress in the 18th centenary, and town began to expand swiftly around. Kokand, like many other Uzbek cities today combine of two parts – old, which retains all historical memorials and contemporary.
If you look at the chart, Karshi seems quite small relative its famous brothers that do not lessen its historical weightiness. And the connotation is seriously – town, which has arised for more than 27 century, was marked with two seals ancient time’s governors – Alexander of Macedon and Tamerlane. Here also was built unique education institution for women — Odin madrasah.
Today it is sovereign, blooming country with its private way into the futurity.
The independence brought restoring to the roots of customs and culture, revive it, and give an emerging meaning to contemporary realities. Cities in Uzbekistan with their peculiar guise, carefully keeping traditions continues its gain from year to year becoming more colourful, appeal and convenient.
- History of TashkentWhen you go on a journey to Central Asia, you must surely visit Tashkent Uzbekistan. This city has an ancient history with numerous interesting stories, which creates a special atmosphere for everyone visiting the country.Tashkent tourism becomes more affordable each year, offering travelers to find out what happened on the urban...History and Sightseeings
- History of SamarkandRegardless of what type of vacation you are planning and with whom, Samarkand Uzbekistan can be a wonderful destination for anyone. During the city's almost-three-thousand-year existence, it has always been the crossroads of civilizations, cultures, and peoples.Being commonly known in different parts of the planet as a fantastic...
- Samarkand is the beauty of the earth, hut Bukhara is the beauty of the spirit Traditional Bukhara, the most shameless sink of iniquity that I know in the East.Arminius Vambery 1868Travel writers, chroniclers and historians are in agreement about Bukhara city: Bukhara the Holy, Bukhara the Noble, the Dome of Islam, the Pillar of Religion, the beauty o...History and Sightseeings
- Khiva is one of the favorite tourist cities in Uzbekistan. Khiva is a city-fairytale whith many historical monuments, museums and sights for tourists. The age of the city is 2500 years. In 1990 UNESCO included it into the program of World Inheritance. Guests and visitors of Khiva are delighted with Khiva history and beautiful tourist places. Tour to Khiva is...
- Just as Uzbekistan is the heart of Central Asia, the Ferghana Valley is the heart of Uzbekistan. Eight million people, one third of the population, live in this fertile flood plain of the Syr Darya river sweeps down from the Pamirs into a valley approximately 300 kilometres (190 miles) long and 170 kilometres (105 miles) wide, surrounded by spurs of the Tian...
- Every city is like a human being--each has own character and own secrets. In order to become familiar with it, a person needs to touch town's history, admire its monuments and get to know with its inhabitants. This city often called “city of dream”, precious diamond in architectural crown of Uzbekistan. It is know to civilization from the times of Rome and A...
- Qarshi (Mongolian: Харш, Uzbek: Qarshi, Қарши; Persian: نخشب, UniPers: Naxšab) is a city in southern Uzbekistan. It is the capital of Qashqadaryo Province and has a population of 197,600 (1999 census estimate). It is about 520 km south-southwest of Tashkent, and about 335 km north of Uzbekistan's border with Afghanistan. It is about 520 km south-southwest o...
- Kokand (alternative spellings: Khokand, Khokend, Kokan, Khoqand; Uzbek: Quqon; Russian: Коканд; Tajik/Persian:Куканд/کوکند ;Chagatai: خوقند) is a city in Fergana Province in eastern Uzbekistan, at the southwestern edge of the Fergana Valley. It has a population of 192,500 (1999 census estimate). Kokand is 228 km southeast of Tashkent, 115 km west of Andijan,...